Friday, December 21, 2012

Reindeer and Sleigh... Fail :(

Well if your reading this then the world didn't end. I figured as much. anyways, Today is Reindeer and Sleigh nails. Oh my lord, this was such a fail for me. I tried several polishes for stamping and I had to keep removing the stamping because it didn't want to fully transfer. I wanted it turn out so much different they it did. In the end I figured out what the problem was (needed more topcoat to create an even surface for the stamping), and I just gave up and said F it.

 I started out with 2 coats of Revlon "Coastal Surf" what is a pretty sky blue and the application was wonderful.

 Using a makeup sponge I did a gradient using Sinful Colors "Neptune" which is a darker blue with a silver micro glitter. I should have used darker colors to make it look more like a nighttime sky. Looks more like the middle of the day lol.

 I felt like I need a little something more so I added China Glaze "Snow Globe" to the tips of the nails to look like snow fall.

 I ended up using 2 thick coats of topcoat to even it all out.

 These are the plates I used for the stamping.

 I should have used a darker color for the stamping since you can barely see the stamping :( whomp whomp lol.

 I used Sally Hansen "Silver Sweep" for stamping. I really wanted to add a red rhinestone on the pinkie nail for Rudolph, but I didn't have enough room. whomp whomp again!

Oh No!! the present broke in half... I hope Santa has insurance lol.

So yeh total nail fail. Almost didn't want to post, but they can't all be winners. I think the nail failures are when we learn the most. I learned to make sure that my base is always even before stamping, and I need to find more polishes for stamping lol.

Thank you so much for reading and please make sure to check out the other participating below :) 


1 comment:

  1. I think the failures are where we all learn more so kudos to you for posting :) I love the blues - great colour choices!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave any comments or questions you may have. I can also be reached at ravensekhmet@gmail.com