Thursday, November 22, 2012

Dupe Alert(s)!!!

I have 3 comparisons for you today. One I just found by accident, and the other 2 I suspected, but still got them... just in case lol.
 
The first one I found just a few hours ago when I sat down to do my nails. I wanted to do something fall-ish so I picked out an orange... little did I know it was a dupe for one of my favorite polishes (win for me!)
 
 Salon Perfect 'Goldfish" and China Glaze "Riveting"
 
 "Riveting" is one of my favorite polishes, and I use it a lot (as you can see by the fill line hehe)
 
 In my opinion these are total dead on dupes. "Goldfish" was bought at Walmart not too long ago. I'm not sure if it is still available or not, but I'm glad I got it. Even though I have a backup of "Riveting" (or 2) I'm still glad to have this one?
 
 I think the only difference between these two is the drying time. "Goldfish" dried so fast I was shocked. I'm not sure if this is the case with the Salon Perfect brand or if it was just his polish.
 
 I just love this color!!!
 
Next up:
 China Glaze "Def Defying" and Finger Paints "Sexy Sundress"
 
 "Def Defying" is part of the new Cirque du Soleil collection that is coming out in December, or in some place it's out now, and "Sexy Sundress" was from the past summer collection. I have seen this at a couple Sally Beauty's in the clearance section.
 
 When I first saw pictures of "Def Defying" the first thing that came to my mind was "Wow, that looks a lot like "Sexy Sundress"!!" I was pretty close in my assumption. DD is just a hair darker the SS.
 
 I think these are close enough to only need one, unless your obsessive like me. What do you think?
 
And lastly:
 O.P.I. "Goldeneye" and Sally Hansen "Gilded Lily"
 
 For this polish I did one coat of each over black and then 2 coats on my naked nail.
 
I think that these are very close to being dupes. As you can see though "Gilded Lily" is more dense and opaque. I prefer it over "Goldeneye" and I decided that I don't need both so I'm probably going to add it to my blog sale.
 
Well that's all I have for today. Thanks for reading and if you haven't done so yet don't forget to enter my giveaways.
 Ends on November 30th
 
Ends on December 15th

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any comments or questions you may have. I can also be reached at ravensekhmet@gmail.com