Friday, February 1, 2013

Disturbed Polish - Redneck X-Mas

Edit: I have been told by Annette, the owner of Disturbed Polish, that she now uses a new base, so any mention of the smell in my posts regarding these polishes is no longer and issue. I hope that everyone gives this brand a chance because I think they are awesome, and everyone should own at least a few.

First I want to say congratulations to Melissa for winning my "Just Because Giveaway" I've already emailed her and got a response.

Ok, now on the the polish!

I know that X-mas is long since past, but I still loved wearing this polish. It's so pretty! I know that it is no longer being sold, but I still wanted to share it :)

This is "Redneck X-Mas" It's like Christmas in a bottle! There is various sizes of hex and square glitter in here. and the colors are red, green, gold, white, and silver.

 I had a very hard time finding a good polish to layer this over, but I'm very happy with my choice.

This was my first time using a Layla polish from the Softouch line. I wasn't sure if I would like the finish since I normally don't like matte polishes. I love the finish! I think I'm going to have to pick up a few more of these. The bottles don't have names, they are just numbered this is #02 no name, which is a shame.

 I felt this was a good match because of the subtle gold shimmer. The formula was great and applied like a dream. 

 I started out with 1 coat of "Redneck X-Mas" like the other Disturbed Polish the formula was great and no fishing or dabbing was needed. The glitter laid smooth and evenly.

I felt that one coat wasn't enough....

So I added a second coats, and was very happy with the outcome. I realized during editing these pictures that my clean up wasn't that great so I'm really sorry about that and I hope you can look past it. Not sure what happened.


I really love these polishes and I can't wait to place my next order. I think the pictures speak for themselves. The only thing bad I can say about these polishes is the smell, but it doesn't affect their application or the beauty of them. I think the smell is common in indie brands. Not that big of a deal.

Not sure what else to say, so here are some more pictures!



Well that's it for today. I hope you check out the other swatches from Disturbed Polish that I've done. The polishes are $7 and are 3 free.

Thanks for reading and I hope everyone has a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. love these colors!!!

    XOXO
    Arianna

    http://aryannastyle.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Christmas in a bottle! I love it! ♥

    I love your blog! Specially the photos because they are so detailed and clear, I can really understand about your post. I followed you on GFC! Maybe you can come by mine too and maybe follow each other? :) Thank you for this post! I can't wait to read more of your posts. More power to you!

    XOXO
    Your new follower,
    www.MusingsofaMakeupMaven.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am now following your blog as well!

      Delete

Please leave any comments or questions you may have. I can also be reached at ravensekhmet@gmail.com