Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Dark Shadows Polish - Day 38


Day 38 of the 90 Day Challenge
Yesterday I posted my latest haul and I had a reader request from MrsKittyKaBoom @ Trials & Tribulations of the Tinted Tankadin to see the new Orly polishes from the Dark Shadows Collection: "Mysterious Curse" and "Buried Alive" So here they are :)

First I will show you some swatches of "Mysterious Curse":
 I couldn't decide which pictures to include so I included a bunch of them :) This color is so complex and no 1 or 2 pictures could correctly capture it.
 I used 2 coats of MC on each nail.

 "Mysterious Curse" is a velvety blueish purple (Blurple) It changes color depending on the angle and the light you look at it.
 I really like this polish color.. but it is a nightmare formula wise. It was very thick and goopy. I'm not going to give up on it though. I am going to try and use some thinner and see if that helps.


 Great bottle shot. It shows the blue and purple.

I wanted to include "Buried Alive" in this mani so I used my cool scissors :) These ones are a zig-zag design.

I cut a few strips of tape and applied them to my nails in about the center of each nail
I then used "Buried Alive" and applied 1 coat to the upper half of the nails.

 "Buried Alive" is much better formula wise then MC. BA is a chocolaty golden brown. It almost glows. I love this polish so much and I have a feeling I will be using it a whole lot in the future.
 As you can tell in the pictures that since MC was so thick when I applied the tape and pressed to make sure it was stuck to the nail it made a slight imprint in the nail in a kinda wavy pattern. But in person you can't really see those impressions.

 So in my final opinion both of these polishes are beautiful colors and are a must have. If you get "Mysterious Curse" and it's thick, just use some thinner and hopefully that will help.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
On Facebook I am in a group "Never Too Much Sparkle" and one of the awesome girls in the group Sarah decided to make a few different polishes named after some of the ladies in the group. I was lucky enough to have my name chosen, well my nickname anyways "Raeven" :) I was so honored. Today I just received a bottle of "Raeven" by Little Mouse Ears!!!!

"Raeven" is unlike any other polish I own and I'm so excited to have it named after me!!

Sarah has her store Little Mouse Ears where she sells makeup, nail polish, jewelery,solid perfumes, tarts, scrubs, and other stuff coming soon. You can check out the other polishes from this collection: NTMS Collection

Thanks for reading and don't forget to check out the other ladies participating in the 90 Day Challenge!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you like the polish @:D I had fun making them.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave any comments or questions you may have. I can also be reached at ravensekhmet@gmail.com