Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Pink and Purple Gradient

I'm really loving gradients. There are so many color combinations it's almost endless. I tried a different technique this time then I usually do. What I've done before is dipping small pieces of a makeup sponge into the polish, but this time I painted the polish right on to the sponge and I really like the result a lot better then how I use to do it, so I think this will be the way I go from now on :)

 I know that most people do a base coat using one of the colors in the gradient, but I like to be different so I use a different color lol
For my base coat I used 2 coats of essie "pink-a-boo" It's a very pretty polish, but the formula is kinda a pain to work with, well for me anyways.

 It's hard to tell but there is a really pretty blue and pink shimmer in it.

 For the actual gradient I used Orly "Oh Cabana Boy" and....


Cos Bar un-named purple. This is a new line they are carrying at Target. There is a total of 4 polishes, but none of them have a name :( Such a shame.


 I really like how this came out but I felt like it was missing something.

 So I added O.P.I. "Pirouette My Whistle" on my ring fingers....

 But I don't think it was a good choice :( I'm not totally happy with it, oh well they can't all be winners lol

It's still very pretty to look at, I just wish I would have chosen a different glitter or had just left it be.

Well I'm sure there will be a lot more gradients in my future so this is a lesson learned :)

Thanks for reading and don't forget to enter my giveaway that ends this weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Love your colors and love the glitter on your ring finger! It adds just a little hint of sparkle, not over the top so it doesn't take away from the gradient. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I should have gone with something that had smaller particles.. I just wasn't happy with the chunky-ness of it

      Delete
  2. OMG this is gorgeous!!! One of the best I've seen. No kidding.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave any comments or questions you may have. I can also be reached at ravensekhmet@gmail.com