Monday, November 28, 2011

Essie Luxeffects.... Flakies!!!!

So I've seen a few posts about Essie's new Luxeffects collection which is all topcoats. I got excited when I saw some of the swatches. You can check them out for yourself... Here are a few:

Chalkboard Nails - Essie Gold As It Gets
The Polishhaholic - Essie Holiday 2011 Luxeffects
Gotham Polish - Essie Shine of the Times

 *drool*
I knew I wanted "Shine of the Times" and "As Gold as it Gets" for sure. Now something you may not know about me... When I get a lemming, I become crazy obsessed with finding it and getting it. So as you can imagine I was going everywhere that I knew carried Essie polishes. I read on another blog that she found them at Ulta the other day, so that's where I went during my lunch break today :)

I was so happy to find that they had the whole collection. I decided to just get the two that I really wanted. So I grabbed one each of "Shine of the Times" and "As Gold as it Gets"... I walked away and was doing some browsing and decided to go back and snatch up the other SotT they had... hehehe yes I'm a greedy hoarder lol. But at least I am happy!!


Essie - Shine of the Times, As Gold as it Gets, Shine of the Times

I couldn't wait to use SotT so I decided to layer it over the polish I already had on, while in the Ulta parking lot lol, which is "Under Your Spell" from Wet n' Wild, a very pretty blackened red. With SotT over it, it really made me think of autumn leaves. So pretty, it was distracting me while I drove back to work, and even now while typing this post. Here are a few pics, sorry that they are so crummy, I took them with my phone so I could post them now, otherwise I'd have to wait til tomorrow since my internet is down :(





It looks a lot like Nubar "2010" But I think SotT is a bit denser with the flakies... maybe I will do a comparison... and if you are wondering what is on my index finger it is Nicole - "Make a Comet-ment" which looks a lot like China Glaze "Fairy Dust" IMO, but I think Nicole is a bit denser with the glitter :)

Well that's it for now. Please leave any questions or comments below. Are you planing on getting any of these polishes? Thanks for reading!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you were able to find these pretties! Thanks for the shout out :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave any comments or questions you may have. I can also be reached at ravensekhmet@gmail.com