Sunday, September 16, 2012

Day 16: Tribal Print

Ugh.... Tribal Nails.... Where to begin. To begin, this was my least inspired day so far. I had absolutely no clue what to do. Honestly I was so tempted to just skip today, but I didn't. So I'm proud of myself that I stuck it out.
 
I figured I would just wing it since no amount of picture browsing on the internet was giving me any bit of inspiration,
 I started out with 2 coats of Color Club "Wild Orchid' It's pretty much a light dusty purple with some silver shimmer mixed in...
 
 You can see the shimmer better in the bottle shot, but it does translate well on to the nail. This was my untried polish for today.
 
 Next using my black striper I started making random lines and a few dots here and there with a dotting tool.
 
 Using in the same dotting tool I went over the dots using polish from my gold glitter striper.
 
 
 I guess the result isn't horrible... but I wasn't really happy with it. I think part of my issue was that I couldn't find a good reference image to go from. I just threw this together. I like doing manis when I at least have a vague image of what I want to do in my head.
 
I think this is my biggest fail of the challenge so far. Oh well at least it's only for a day right!
 
Thanks for reading. Check back tomorrow for my glitter nails for Day 17. I'm very please with how they turned out :) Don't for get to look at the manis below as well. Take Care!!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any comments or questions you may have. I can also be reached at ravensekhmet@gmail.com