Thursday, September 20, 2012

Day 20: Water Marble

 Ugh.... I've been dreading this day since the start of this challenge. I can never get it to work. And by the off chance I get a decent design something goes wrong lol.... I must say I am proud of myself. I did a decent job... It took me hours (Really hours) but I got something worth showing. I only did one hand, because 1.) I was exhausted by the time I got on a roll, 2.) I felt like I had wasted a lot of polish with all my fails, and 3.) I just couldn't justify more of that hell to only wear it one day. So here is my result...
 
 I started out with 2 coats of OPI "My Boyfriend Scales Walls" which is one of my favorite underwear polishes.
 
 See, not so bad huh? Well the polishes I used were Finger Paints "Sexy Sundress"
 
 Finger Paints"Flip Flop Fuchsia"
 
 Finger Paints "Beach Bound"
 
 and Nina Ultra Pro "Anaconda Liked It" Which I think is a really weird name for this polish... but whatever lol.
All in all I think it was a win. I still need to work on it. My main problem is getting the polish to spread and not just sit where it is dropped. I've tried different containers, different water, different polish, and even different temperatures. Nothing seems to do the trick. Oh well we can't all be good at everything.
 
Tomorrow starts the "Inspired by" part of the challenge. We are now 2/3of the way through this. I'm proud that I've stuck it out this long. thanks for reading and encouraging me throughout this challenge with your comments. Check back for tomorrow's mani and remember to check out the other blogs below!!



2 comments:

  1. Wow, I think you did a great job. This is one of my favorite color combinations for water marbling I've seen. And congrats on making it 2/3rds of the way!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave any comments or questions you may have. I can also be reached at ravensekhmet@gmail.com