Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Day 5: Blue Nails...And A Gradient!

 
Today is Day 5 and I'm so proud of myself that I'm still in it :). I did blue nails but I also used pink. I think the colors go well together. Without further ado here are the nails...
 
 I like how the 2 colors combined in the center and created a 3rd color, totally unplanned and unexpected, but a pleasant surprise :)
 
 For the untried polish I used China Glaze ""Fuchsia Fanatic" and....
 
 China Glaze "Turned Up Turquoise" which I also believe is an untried, but I could be wrong.
 
 When the two colors combined they created a nice purple which I really liked.
 
 I wanted to mix it up a little so I reversed the gradient on the ring finger... but I think I should have skipped it. I think it disturbs the simple beauty of this mani... but I could be wrong! lol
 
 Not being able to leave well enough alone I decided to add a coat of Sinful Colors "Pearl Harbor" which is a blue iridescent glitter in a clear base. It's very subtle, and very pretty!
 
 I know that in some of the pictures is seems to be a very obvious glitter, but it really wasn't. You would just catch glimpses and sparkles in the right light.
 
 
 I think "Pearl Harbor" is a very simple but versatile glitter to have in anyone collection. Plus at the normal prince of $1.99 at Walgreens it's a great deal. Plus you can often find it on sale for $0.99 :)
Well that's it for today. Thank you all so much for reading and please check back tomorrow for "Violet Nails" My hint for you is... I used the saran wrap method :)
 
Make sure to check out the other ladies participating in the challenge, and if you aren't already please follow my blog so you will know when my next giveaway will be that's coming up soon!!!
 
 



2 comments:

Please leave any comments or questions you may have. I can also be reached at ravensekhmet@gmail.com