Thursday, September 6, 2012

Day 6: Violet Nails -- 2 Manis

 
 Today is Violet Nails. I'm still hanging in the game:) I actually did 2 mani's for this one without realizing it but I decided to share both of them with you :) So first up...
 
I started out with 2 coats of Jesse's Girl "Blue Moon" over white.
 
 This is a pretty purple that leans a little towards blue, but it is really purple :) I felt it still needed a little something so....
 
 I added 2 coats of Jesse's Girl "Confetti" which is a lovely blue/purple glitter in and purplish base.
 
  I really wanted to use the saran wrap method with this mani, but it wasn't totally successful, at least it didn't turn out the way I pictured in my head. But I still like it.
 
I used a random silver polish that I bought at the dollar store and it had a wonky brush, so I think that might have had a little to do with it.
 
 It still turned out pretty nice, but I'll have to try it again with different polishes.
 
 
So that is the first mani. My second mani is an all glitter one :)
 
 I did 3 coats of Wet N Wild "Back Alley Deals" on each nail except the ring finger. I would have been ok with 2 coats, but I did 3 to even it out.
 
 On the ring finger I did 3 coats of Sally Hansen Gem Crush "Lady Luck"
 
I like these 2 polishes together. They were both very thirsty and I had to use a few layers of top coat to even everything out.
 
Well that's is for today. Thank you for reading and make sure to check back tomorrow for Black and White nails! Don't forget to check out the other ladies participating in this challenge.
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any comments or questions you may have. I can also be reached at ravensekhmet@gmail.com