Sunday, September 9, 2012

Day 9: Rainbow Nails

 Today is rainbow nails. What I originally wanted to do, I felt was going to be done by most of the people in the challenge so I decided to just go simple. I also wanted to try out the Elmer's glue as a peel off base. These are the polishes I used, all of which are untrieds except the OPI base polish:
 
 Orly "Rockets Red Glare", Jordana "Magenta Magic", Orly "Sashay My Way", Jordana "Blue Bash", Orly "Mermaid Tale", OPI "My Boyfriend Scales Walls"
 
 After applying my glue base I used 2 coats of OPI "My Boyfriend Scales Walls"
 
 On my pinkies I used 3 coats of Orly "Rockets Red Glare"
 
 On my ring fingers I did 3 coats of Jordana "Magenta Magic"
 
 My middle fingers got 3 coats of Orly "Sashay My Way"
 
 The pointer fingers have 3 coats of Jordana "Blue Bash" I didn't realize that there was a colored base so it didn't really go along with the rest of the polishes, but I still think it fits in.
 
 Lastly I applied 3 coats of Orly "Mermaid Tale" on my thumbs.
 
 All of the polishes except "Blue Bash" would not be good with out a base. The other 4 are mainly top coats for other polishes. But they are all very pretty :)
 
Orly "Rockets Red Glare", Jordana "Magenta Magic", and Orly "Mermaid Tale" are all similar polishes but different colors lol.
 
 
 I still think I like "Mermaid Tale" the most... but mainly because it's green :) hehe
 
Hopefully the polish actually peels off this time. Last time I made the mistake of using a base coat under the glue. I'll make sure to let you know tomorrow. Thanks for reading and make sure to check back tomorrow for my gradient nails that are actually the theme for the day and not just me falling back on my normal technique.
 
Don't forget to check out the other ladies rainbow nails below:
 
 




3 comments:

  1. I need to break out those Orly glitters! Thanks for showing them off!!!! love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made that mistake yesterday too! No base coat under the glue! The glitters are awesome. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave any comments or questions you may have. I can also be reached at ravensekhmet@gmail.com