Monday, September 10, 2012

Follow Up and A Reader Request

So first up I wanted to share the follow up to my glitter mani using the Elmer's glue as a peel off base. Here is the removed polish...
 
 They all came off in one piece except of of the pinky nails (the red glitter) I think it was mostly due to me not being totally sure how to approach the removal. I tried using a wooden cuticle stick, but it didn't work very well. So I just used my nails. I like to peel so I was itching to remove them all day :)
 
With this as the end result I plan on using the glue many times in the future. I'm so happy I can use my glitter a lot more now. I, like most ladies I'm sure, avoided glitter just because of the pain in the ass removal.
 
 
Next up is a comparison request from Beth. She wanted me to compare Butter London "Disco Biscuit" and Sinful Colors "Forget Now" So here it it....
 
 The 2 contenders.
 
 Please excuse the messy application. I only applied the polish to show the two polishes. The 1st and 3rd nail is 3 coats of Butter London "Disco Biscuit" and the 2nd and 4th nail is Sinful Colors "Forget Now"
 
 The polishes are pretty close, except "Disco Biscuit" has blue shimmer and dries semi matte.
 
"Forget Now" is all pink and pink shimmer, not really any blue within it. So they are very close in similarity but now total dupes. I think a big collector would want both, but someone who isn't picky would be happy with just "Forget Now"
 
Well that's it :) Keep checking back for the 30 Day Challenge and for my upcoming giveaway!

3 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try the Elmer's glue thing. How long did the mani seem to last?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only wore it for one day, but I type all day at work and it seemed to hold up really well. I used my normal topcoat and it didn't seem to chip or peel at all before I went to remove it. After the challenge is over I will have to try it again to see how long it lasts. :)

      Delete

Please leave any comments or questions you may have. I can also be reached at ravensekhmet@gmail.com