Sunday, September 30, 2012

Day 30: Inspired By A Tutorial... Last Day!!!

 So here we are, It's the last day of the 30 day challenges. I can't believe I made it and that I didn't miss a day. I had a lot of fun, and I stepped out of my comfort zone a few times. I'm really glad I did this challenge. I now have a few new techniques in my arsenal. All that said, I'm really happy that it's over lol. There were so many days that I wanted to do something that didn't work with the days theme, like I finally bought Ninja Polish "Sticks N Stones" and I've been dying to wear it. Now I'll finally be able to :)
 
Alright enough blah blah blah, and on to the last challenge. Today is "Inspired By A Tutorial." It was kinda funny because I kept looking online to figure out what I was going to do, only to remember that I had already decided. It's been a long weekend. I've been dealing with migraines for the past 2 days.
 
What I decided to do is actually my second go at this technique and the first time wasn't that great, and I figured out a trick on accident from doing yesterday's mani.
 
 Some call it the spun sugar mani or the drizzle... whatever you call it I really like the effect. I started with a base of 2 coats of Sinful Colors "Jungle Trail"
 
 For the "drizzle" I used Wet N Wild "Miami Spirit" and...
 
China Glaze "Under The Boardwalk"
 
 The trick I learned to make this easier was to put a few drops of polish, about 5 or 6, on a palette and to let it sit for a few minutes until it starts drying. Then using a dotting tool mix it around and, Volia!, stringy polish!
 
 I really like how it turned out but I still felt like it needed a little sparkle :)
 
 So I added a coat of Northern Lights :)
 
This time it turned out a lot better the my first try... which you can find here.
 
 I guess the second time is a charm for me on this one. Now that I know how to do it I know I'll be doing it again in the future. It is a pretty messy and time consuming technique, but I think it is worth it.
 
Well that ends the 30 day challenge! Thank you so much for reading and following my progress. This has really gotten me into the routine of blogging a lot more then I use to and I am going to try and keep it up. I don't know if I will do every day, but I will do more then a couple times a month.
 
Don't forget to check out the other ladies below, and again thanks so much for reading and following my blog.
 
 



1 comment:

  1. Yay! Congrats on making it to 30 I don't know how you did it; I would have quit after like day 3.

    I love the color combination for the strings against the grey background. I really want to try this now!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave any comments or questions you may have. I can also be reached at ravensekhmet@gmail.com