Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Day 26: Inspired By A Pattern

 This was one I had planned for awhile. I've been wanting to try out the this snakeskin technique since I saw it months ago. It didn't turn out the way I hoped but I still like it. I think there is a a need for practice doing this and I plan to do so. My "Inspiration" was my snake Lily:

This picture is over a year old and she is about twice the size. I would have taken a picture with my nails holding her... but she needs to be fed and I don't feel like getting bitten tonight lol.

 I started out with 2 coats of Revlon "Bare Bones" I really like this color and I find myself reaching for it often.
 
 On my ring and pointer finger I painted 2 coats of Essie "Mamba" and I also used it for the scales over "Bare Bones"

 For the 3 middle nails I used Essie "Mink Muffs" for the scales.

 To make the scales I used tulle wrapped around my nails. You can find a few tutorials on youtube on how to do this.
 I think next time I am going to try sponging on the polish instead of painting it on.

 I really like how this turned out and I think it does look very snake like :)

I totally think of my Lily when I look at my nails and I hope to be able to perfect this technique in the future.

Thank you for reading and I hope you check back tomorrow to see my nails inspired by artwork... not sure what to do lol.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any comments or questions you may have. I can also be reached at ravensekhmet@gmail.com